On 22 February 2017, inauguration of the «Kazakhstan-Japan» Institute took place in the International science complex «Astana».
The Kazakh side was represented by:
- Minister for religious affairs and civil society of the Republic of Kazakhstan N.B.Yermekbayev;
- Deputy Minister of foreign affairs A.A.Kamaldinov;
- Deputy Mayor of Astana city Y.A.Amanshayev;
- Vice-chairman of the Board of Directors of ISCA, scientific adviser of «Kazakhstan-Japan» Institute, candidate of economic sciences N.A.Sarsenbai.
The Japanese side was represented by:
- Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary Ambassador of Japan to Kazakhstan Kawabata Ichiro;
Representative of Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) Uehara Makiko and other officials.
During the presentation parties thoroughly exchanged views on the issues of Kazakhstan-Japanese cooperation at the platform of International science complex «Astana», and identified following course of actions of «Kazakhstan-Japan» Institute:
- Organization of scientific research;
- Collaboration with Kazakhstan and Japanese government organizations, think tanks and companies;
- Scientific support of applied projects and programs;
Organization of educational programs including educational programs with foreign partners.
Overall, Kazakhstan and Japanese sides commended the perspectives of the long-term and mutually beneficial cooperation in the framework of «Kazakhstan-Japan» Institute and Kazakhstan-Japan friendship society, and through Japan international cooperation agency (JICA).